Thank you for choosing My Insurance Ally. We value you, respect your privacy, and work hard to protect your personal information.
This statement is provided on behalf of My Insurance Ally, LLC and the affiliates listed at the end of this notice. We would like to explain how we collect, use and share the information we obtain about you in the course of doing business.
Our Privacy Assurance
- We do not sell your personal or medical information to anyone.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliate companies that would use it to contact you about their own products and services, unless permitted pursuant to a joint marketing agreement.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in servicing your policy and claims to keep your information confidential.
- We require our employees to protect your personal information and keep it confidential.
As you can see, protecting your personal information is important to us. In addition to the practices described above, we use a variety of physical, technical and administrative security measures that help to safeguard your information. For Social Security Numbers (SSN), this includes restricting access to our employees, agents and others who use your SSN only as permitted by law: to comply with the law, to provide you with products and services, and to handle your claims. Also, our employees’ and agents’ access to and use of your SSN are limited by the law, our policies and standards, and our written agreements.
Our privacy practices continue to apply to your information even if you cease to be a customer of My Insurance Ally.
What Personal Information Do We Have and Where Do We Get It
We gather personal information from you and from outside sources for business purposes. Some examples of the information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, home and e-mail addresses, driver’s license number, Social Security Number, marital status, family member information and healthcare information. Also, we maintain records that include, but are not limited to, policy coverages, premiums, and payment history. We also collect information from outside sources including, but not limited to, insurance support organizations that assemble or collect information about individuals for the purpose of providing to insurance companies. This information may include, but is not limited to, your driving record, claims history, medical information and credit information.
- Evaluate our marketing campaigns
- Analyze how customers use our website and applications
- Develop new services
- Know how many visitors have seen or clicked on our ads
Also, our business partners assist us with monitoring information including, but not limited to, IP addresses, domain names and browser data, which can help us to better understand how visitors use myinsuranceally.com.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Information
In the course of normal business activities, we use and share your personal information. We may provide your information to persons or organizations within and outside of My Insurance Ally. This would be done as required or permitted by law. For example, we may do this to:
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your policy
- Market our products
- Handle your claim
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities
- Participate in insurance support organizations
The persons or organizations with whom we may share your personal information may include, among others:
- Your agent, broker or My Insurance Ally affiliated companies
- Companies that perform services, such as marketing, credit card processing, and performing communication services on our behalf
- Business partners that assist us with tracking how visitors use allstate.com.
- Other financial institutions with whom we have a joint marketing agreement
- Other insurance companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you
- Independent claims adjusters
- A business or businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies
- Those who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order
- Repair shops and recommended claims vendors
The Internet and Your Information Security
To learn more, the myinsuranceally.com Privacy Statement provides information relating to your use of the website. This includes, for example, information regarding:
- How we collect information such as IP address (the number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), browser and platform types, domain names, access times, referral data, and your activity while using our site;
- Who should use our website;
- The security of information over the Internet; and
- Links and co-branded sites.
How You Can Review and Correct Your Personal Information
You can request to review your personal information contained in our records at any time. To do this, please send a letter to the address below requesting to see your information for the previous two years. If you believe that our information is incomplete or inaccurate, you can request that we correct it. Please note we may not be able to provide information relating to investigations, claims, litigation, and other matters. We will be happy to make corrections whenever possible.
Please send requests to:
My Insurance Ally
Customer Privacy Inquiries
13566 Ridge Road
North Royalton, OH 44133
Your Preference for Sharing Personal Information
We would like to share your personal information with one or more My Insurance Ally affiliates in order to make you aware of different products, services and offers they can provide. However, you can request that My Insurance Ally and its affiliate companies not share your personal information with our affiliates for marketing products and services.
To request that we not allow other My Insurance Ally affiliates to use your personal information to market their products and services, you can contact us by calling 1-440-578-0888 twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Please keep in mind that it may take up to four weeks to process your request. If you previously contacted us and asked us not to allow other My Insurance Ally affiliates to use your personal information, your previous choice still applies and you do not need to contact us again. If you would like to change your previous choice please call the number above at any time.
We Appreciate Your Business
Thank you for choosing My Insurance Ally. We understand your concerns about privacy and confidentiality, and we hope this notice has been helpful to you. We value our relationship with you and look forward to keeping our relationship strong for many years.
If you have questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact your agent directly or call the My Insurance Ally main office at 1-440-578-0888.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy practices, procedures, and terms.
My Insurance Ally affiliates to which this notice applies: McMichael Insurance Agency, LLC; McMichael Insurance, Inc.; Buckeye Insurance Advisors, LLC.; Lava Automation;
Please Note: Our Privacy Statement applies specifically to the affiliates listed above. These affiliates also have a separate privacy notices for their customers.
For California residents:
Pursuant to California law, we need to disclose to you that we would obtain your consent before sharing medical information for marketing purposes.
For Nevada Residents:
My Insurance Ally is committed to serving you when and where you prefer as we help you protect what you have today and prepare you for the future. To that end, and as Nevada law requires, if you do not want to receive sales calls from My Insurance Ally, you have the option to be placed on our internal “do not call” list.(Please disregard this notice if you have already been added to My Insurance Ally’s internal “do not call” list.)You may make this request in the following convenient ways:
- Call 1-440-578-0888 and speak with a customer representative
- Visit myinsuranceally.com, click on Contact Us and send us an e-mail
- Write to us at My Insurance Ally, Attn: Customer Service, 13566 Ridge Road, North Royalton, OH 4413
In your discussion or correspondence with us, please be sure to provide us with your name, address and all telephone numbers you may wish to include on our list. If you have questions about this notice, you may contact us at the address listed above or you may also contact the Nevada Attorney General’s office at:
Office of the Nevada Attorney General Bureau of Consumer Protection
555 E. Washington Avenue, Suite 3900 Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone: (702) 486-3132
Please note that My Insurance Ally’s “do not call” list is limited only to telephone solicitation calls. We may still contact you about your active insurance policy, billing issues, claims and other service matters with any of our partner carriers.
For Vermont residents:
We won’t share your personal information with My Insurance Ally affiliate companies for marketing purposes except as allowed by Vermont law.
(ed. 6/2020) MIAPriv-v1